Sunday 26 April 2009

Yeah this posts a bit late...but change is'a coming!

Well it seems like I have passed into the demographic of “lazy blogger” of late, what being my last post a month or so ago I think? So I’m aiming to make this a rightly weighty post.

So the last month as been somewhat of a constructive in terms of creativity and progress and most importantly has been a very loud wakeup call of what my future career profession along with the yearning lifestyle will require in terms of determination and adeptness that will be demanded relevantly me. I mean my ultimate ambition will be at the helm of a game designer, I hope to be the one who’s able to just throw in this crazy amount of ideas and opinions and bring them together to create something truly something of my own along with a group of people who would share my passion and vision to what could truly be done with this embryonic entertainment medium. Ideally I would like to be involved in every minute aspect of whatever game it may be, to the art visual style to the way it reaches those shop shelves’ (or gets to your steam account or OnLive with the direction of distributing games these days are going.)Though these last few months, I have started to brainstorm whilst allowing my imagination come up with imaginable idea’s of what kind of games I would ideally like to develop etc. I’ve been fascinated the principles of what makes a game fun, innovative or simply what makes it function?

Although I have all these ideas of what I think may work or would be entertaining to play, but in reality could be a very different story. As I previously stated in my other post’s that I was taking part of a new course at Escape studios, I realised that much like most people in the industry currently, and for even the greats of the industry that they worked from the bottom up. Now this kind of method of getting to where you ideally crave to be at i knew was generally the most knowledgeable way of going somewhere in this beast of a industry but only after a month at escape I’ve realised the importance of starting this way. By that I mean by learning from those who are much more experienced in such fields, In simple words I’m saying that by continuingly learning, being open minded to anything that can assist me along with taking inspiration and advice from those creative’s that surround me, I’m sure I’ll be reaching that top. Of late I’ve read Steve inces writing for games which was a gainful read and just explains when writing for a game idea how to approach it best and what kind of style of writing suits what types of games, learning in its entirety everything to do with Maya (at escape), learning the unreal engine in my spare time among other programs, that if I were to keep up this level of study that I should reach that milestone in due course.

Speaking of escape, after attending the course for a month now, I can comfortably say that I’m enjoying it very much; everyone else attending is friendly and easy to get along with, the tutor Dan is a really nice guy and generally know the right way and wrong way to do things which I find is always important. Within this month already I already feel that I have learned a decent amount of the basics of Maya ( On Wednesday ill post up some render jpegs of the work I’ve done so far, personally for a month’s work, I’m pretty impressed with how far I’ve come! Looking forward to see what I’ll be capable of once I’ve finished) All I can say about the next few months for this course is bring it on! Truly can’t wait.

All career induced talk out of the way, I recently purchased the juggernaut of a ps3 and I have to admit that it is one impressive piece of hardware. One of the big pulls of buying a ps3 was the exclusives of the console generally appeal to me as to be said, such as I already have 3 of them: metal gear solid 4, heavenly sword and killzone 2. I have already completed heavenly sword and MGS4 with just killzone 2 left to finish. At another time (Most likely to be my next post) ill do a review of said games along with resident evil 5 which I’ve been itching to review for some time and also a full report of the ps3, as I realised that synopsis of my reasons for buying a ps3 was pretty piss poor so il give the full run down next time!

So I think that’ll do for today, ill post another update on Wednesday with work of recent and let y’all decide how far I’ve come. Till then, stay groovy : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, I love how your grammar gets more 'msn-esque' towards the end when you started to get lazy with this entry.

Steff said...

Wow Ben! you're doing a course at Escape Studios!! You are so lucky! Which course are you doing? how long are you there for?? I guess you're living in London now correct?