Tuesday 26 May 2009

A true update!

On the account of much blogging failure, here I am with a true update!

beneath ye shall see of what i have studied from abstain within the first three weeks (seems so long ago now has to be said.) Just a simple still life scene much like the kind you would draw in ye old fine art lessons. All you see in the pictures was modelled, textured normal mapped etc by myself, which i think for three weeks work it isn’t to shabby at all : ) although I have to say I’m not particularly happy with lighting effects, as you can tell with every image I did try different angles etc so I think I’ll go back and re-do the lighting. Though with everything being taught at escape, I’m planning on re-doing the projects we’re set twice, once the same as before then the third time, a more personal touch from me. Meaning I probably will become a hermit pretty soon as I’m a tad behind! Currently we’re modelling, rigging and animating the old Pixar lamp which is turning out to be a really beneficial project (which today we get to animate it finally!) so ill have to make a render of the animation and see what you guys think.








































As promised from such a very long time ago, here is some work from the old third year uni days, of my very own creation – the Tribus! Creating a whole skeleton structure isn’t as easy as one might think. I did show these to everyone at escape which the feedback was extremely positive which is always welcoming! Though after showing these to the folks over at conceptarm.org, there still seems work to be done but just a few minor modifications but most of their feedback was positive also but shows I have a lot to learn still! The plan will be to start to model this beast in maya and zbrush sometime very soon, so looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into this!









































Asides from all this, everything is rather gravy I have to say, though a routine of sorts needs to be implemented, as well i do have a case of splatterbrain at points and do get distracted to easily sometimes so i need to do some work at least for an hour or so a day, every day!

The next update will be those reviews i promised! So until then peeps, ciao!

Ben

No comments: